About Me

My photo
I spent two summers while in college working as a waitress at a dude ranch in Colorado. The experience was nothing less than incredible. Years later, I have wonderful friends that I still keep in touch with as well as an amazing husband. I still think back to those summers because I learned how hard work really pays off and how much I enjoyed putting together all the food events for the guests. The ranch always hired staff from the South because the owners said they always received compliments on their friendly service from guests...My boss' response was "It's just Southern Hospitality." It was not until I began planning my wedding that I realized how I had missed my calling. I wish I could say I am a successful event planner living my dream, but I am not just yet and hope that collecting my ideas and sharing them will be a start (thanks Molly). Enjoy!

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Rain

 It’s been years since I have touched this blog.  I am still not an event planner nor have a planned an actual invitational type event in a long time.  I do miss those days at times but I can say that I do still plenty of planning.  It just looks much different now.  As a mom of two busy elementary aged kids, the day to day planning takes over much of my life.  After I leave work, I am the driver of getting one kid to ball practice and the other to the next thing.  The typical life of so many moms! I sometimes look back and wonder how quickly I got here but I do not regret.  I prefer a busy schedule.  However, I do look back and wonder “what if” at times when I think if I had pursued an event planning career.  I know it wouldn’t have been easy….did I take the easy route? Will I regret it? 

I made my decision to go a different career path so I could be an involved mom.  I still do not regret that but I am approaching 10 years in my current profession and I still wonder if I made the right choice. 

I don’t have a lot of time these days to ponder many things, but as I sit here at the lake on the dock on a very rainy day, I do wonder and think about the “what ifs”