About Me

My photo
I spent two summers while in college working as a waitress at a dude ranch in Colorado. The experience was nothing less than incredible. Years later, I have wonderful friends that I still keep in touch with as well as an amazing husband. I still think back to those summers because I learned how hard work really pays off and how much I enjoyed putting together all the food events for the guests. The ranch always hired staff from the South because the owners said they always received compliments on their friendly service from guests...My boss' response was "It's just Southern Hospitality." It was not until I began planning my wedding that I realized how I had missed my calling. I wish I could say I am a successful event planner living my dream, but I am not just yet and hope that collecting my ideas and sharing them will be a start (thanks Molly). Enjoy!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fall is Here and I Love Pumpkins

If you are getting married in the Fall, maybe some of these ideas will encourage you to use pumpkins!  It is a great way to save money and be festive! 


You can use pumpkins as vases for flowers
Fall Decor Crafts and more creative crafts projects, templates, tips, clip-art, patterns, and ideas on marthastewart.com



I love this one...Using a pumpkin as a cooler- Serve a seasonal beer too!
Ideas: Samuel Adams- Octoberfest, Blue Moon- Harvest Moon, or Leinenkugel- Oktoberfest


Use baby pumpkins for place cards


Carving pumpkins is not just a fun thing to do for Halloween-
Be creative...carve an initial or fall leaves




This is one of my favorite ideas and would be great at the entrance to your rehearsal dinner or reception.  Urns are easy to find or you may already have one that you can use from your own front porch.



If your rehearsal dinner or reception venue has a fireplace place pumpkins, gourds, and fall foliage around it for a great festive and cozy look.


Other fall arrangement ideas




Use baby pumpkins to hold pumpkin soup or a cranberry-raisin bread pudding that you serve at your rehearsal dinner or reception 




Unique idea...pumpkins are used to line the path from the parking lot to the reception


Use baby pumpkins as votive candle holders in a fall foliage chandelier or just use the pumpkins as votive holders and place them on tables at your rehearsal dinner or reception (great size to have on bistro tables at a reception)


If you are not a big fan of orange, you can find pumpkins in various colors.
These baby boo pumpkins are great to use for a wedding


You can also put these baby boo pumpkins in a tall vase layered with green hypericum berries


Nailheads could definitely give pumpkins a new look! 





Placing a variety of pumpkins on steps is a simple but great look and most venues have a few steps in the front, inside, or back


“Four steps to achievement: Plan purposefully. Prepare prayerfully. Proceed positively. Pursue persistently”
-William Ward